- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
From our friend Malika at http://www.fitrichwoman.com/!
1. Whisk dry ingredients and seasonings (if you are using this option)
2. Stir the oil into the water, add if dry mixture and check consistency; you want the dough moist but not sticky
3. Knead it a bit to blend it together and prepare it to roll into a ball (you may have to add a bit more flour or water; play with it until you find the right consistency)
4. Roll into a ball about the size of a lime (about 1.5-2 inches diameter, I used an ice cream scooper) and roll it around in your hands until it’s in a non-sticky form
5. Place between two 1 ft pieces or parchment paper and roll out into a flat circle about 1/8th inch thick. The edges will be uneven unless you use a large circular cookie cutter like I did with these. The dough should be about 5-6” inches across. A tortilla press is handy here.
6. Put a ts or so of oil before each tortilla in a small shallow frying pan or crepe pan (I used a basting brush) and cook for 30-40 seconds on eat side
7. Make sure each side is nicely browned and cooked fully; it will bubble up a little and look a bit dry and golden browned like a regular conventional tortilla.
- 1 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe