Tomato, Basil & Garlic Soup2012-10-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
Melt the butter or EVOO in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, celery and let saute for five minutes.
Add the tomatoes, herbs and tomato paste to the pot and stir well.
Pour in the broth. Stir, cover, turn it down to a low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps tomato puree
- 2 cups veg (or chicken) broth
- 3oz/20g fresh basil leaves
- a handful of fresh thyme
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsps butter or olive oil
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe