Ultimate Paleo Pad Thai2013-01-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Slice your zucchini thin to form long noodle strands (a mandoline is an excellent tool for this type of work).
2. Chop chicken into 1/4 inch pieces.
3. Mix together almond butter, cider vinegar, fish sauce, chili sauce and juice of 1 lime.
4. Scramble egg in a bowl and place to the side.
5. In a large frying pan sauté the onions in the coconut oil & butter over medium heat (have an extra frying pan and a colander readily available).
6. Brown the chicken in onions, follow closely with garlic and ginger.
7. Add almond butter mix, stirring frequently.
8. Turn heat up to medium-high and toss in zucchini and shrimp, which will take from 5 to 10 minutes. Shrimp will turn pink and start to curl and zucchini Al dente.
9. In second pan, cook egg omelette style, remove from pan and keep pan ready with colander.
10. Strain the zucchini over the second pan.
11. Add tomatoes & basil to the liquid and reduce over high heat.
12. Slice up the egg and mix with the carrot, the zucchini and reduced liquid.
13. Garnish with almonds and a lime wedge.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil & 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Zucchini & 1 Chicken Breast (boneless-Skinless)
- 1 lb Shrimp & 1 Egg
- Carrot, shredded (optional) & 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced & 2 Tbsp Ginger, fresh & Minced
- 3 Tbsp Almond Butter & 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce & 2 Tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Limes (1 for garnish) & 12 Thai Basil Leaves, Julienne
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful of Almonds, chopped
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe