Roast Chicken with Goji Orange Sauce
For the chicken:
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Season and place in a baking tray. Brush the entire bird with melted butter (inside and out) until the butter is all used up.
2. Cut the lemon and onion into quarters. Stuff these into the chicken.
3. Loosely cover and roast at 420 for 1.5 hours or ’til the juices run clear.
4. For the final 30 minutes of cooking, uncover the chicken and place the three rashers of bacon on top of the breast. Put it back in the oven uncovered.
5. Let the bird rest for 15 minutes before serving.
For the sauce:
1. Put the goji berries, honey, orange juice and zest, lemon juice and water in a pot and simmer for ten minutes.
2. Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Serve over the chicken.