Roasted Chicken and Mushrooms with Rosemary and Lemon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Blend the oil, rosemary, and lemon zest, and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Blot excess moisture from the outside of the chicken pieces with paper towel. Gently loosen the skin and rub all surfaces of the chicken, even under the skin, with the seasoned oil.
4. Arrange the chicken pieces on a foil-lined baking sheet large enough to accommodate the chicken and the mushrooms, which will be added later. Decorate each piece with a little paprika. Place the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cut the stems of the mushrooms flush with the caps. After 20 minutes, add the mushrooms to the pan, tossing them in the rendered chicken juices and season them with salt and pepper. Arrange them stem-side down and return the pan to the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cook until the chicken is white and opaque and the juices are clear.
6. Serve the chicken and mushrooms sprinkled with parsley, lemon juice, and pan juices.