Roasted Garlic Flank Steak & Chimichurri Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel garlic cloves and place in the center of a large piece of tin foil (big enough to fold around garlic) Fold tin foil up around garlic and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
-Once garlic is finished roasting, place in bowl and add 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Mash together with fork and spread over steak before grilling.
For the chimichurri:
- In a food processor or chopper, place parsley, olive oil (5 tbsp.), lemon juice, red pepper, cumin, garlic, water, red wine vinegar, basil, shallots, oregano, salt and pepper and pulse until well blended. Set aside for steak.
For the flank steak:
- Once garlic is finished roasting, remove from oven and mash with a fork. Spread over top of the steak and grill or broil to your desired temperature.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic powder. Mix well.
- Once steak is cooked, slice thin strips at an angle.
- Plate the steak and drizzle the garlic butter over top.
- Add the chimichurri sauce as the finishing touch!
The chimichurri sauce goes great on chicken too and the steak can be used in an array of dishes, from breakfast to dinner.