Roasted String Beans with Cherry Tomatoes and Shallots
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine the string beans, cherry tomatoes, and sliced shallots in a large roasting pan.
3. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and some fresh ground pepper, to taste.
5. Take any fresh herbs you like and sprinkle them over top. (you could substitute with dry if that’s all you have – thyme and rosemary work well)
6. Give the pan a good few shakes to mix and coat the veggies in oil. (You could even add a few splashes of lemon juice for some extra flavor.)
7. Roast about 25-30 minutes on a middle rack in the oven, until the string beans are soft and the tomatoes have blistered. Check the pan a few times while roasting and shake again to coat with the oil so none of the veggies burn.