Shrimp and Crab Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
What you’ll do:
1. Defrost frozen peas in a bowl of water, and defrost shrimp if frozen. Dice your onion.
2. Clean and dry the cauliflower; cut into smaller chunks. Add small handfuls to your food processor or blender; pulse lightly until it shreds into rice-like shape and size. Repeat until the whole head is shredded. If you don’t have a processor or blender, you can shred it with a grater by hand.
3. In a large bowl, add “riced” cauliflower and 1-2 TBSP water; cover loosely and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes to soften and extract some of the water.
4. In a large frying pan, add in 4 TBSP palm shortening (or cooking fat of choice); heat on medium and add in diced onions. Cook onions until softened and lightly browned; add in shredded cauliflower, cook through until tender, stirring periodically. Halfway through, add in 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and vinegar; stir well to coat all over cauliflower mixture. Shut off heat.
5. In second frying pan, add in last TBSP of palm shortening (or oil of choice); cook shrimp on each side until firm (~2-4 minutes) and then remove them from pan and transfer to cauliflower pan. In the same pan, add in scrambled eggs, breaking them into bite-size pieces as they cook. Add eggs to pan with cauliflower when they are done.
6. In the same pan, add in defrosted and drained peas and lump crab meat; heat until warmed all the way through.
7. Transfer cauliflower, shrimp, and egg pan to a large mixing bowl; add in crab and peas pan and mix together. Serve hot!
Makes 6-8 servings
6 servings = 375 calories each
8 servings = 282 calories each
The 21-Day Sugar Detox is an easy-to-follow three week program to help break your addiction to sugar and carbs.