Spicy Thai Basil Beef
1. Be sure to have all ingredients chopped and ready before cooking the stir-fry.
2. In a mini chopper/food processor, add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and chili and pulse to make a rough paste. Set aside.
3. Heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. Keep your prepared vegetables to the side so you can easily add them. Add the green beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the outsides turn from opaque and light green to a darker green. Add the peppers and onions and stir-fry until the onions just become translucent. Remove the vegetables to the side.
4. Reduce the heat to medium. (At this point, I start some cauliflower rice in another pan) Add the rest of the oil and once heated, add the spice paste and stir-fry for a minute. Then, add the beef and crumble it with a spoon while it cooks, raising the heat back to medium-high as needed.
5. Return the vegetables to the pan, then add the fish sauce, lime juice, and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Add the basil leaves and cook until they wilt. Serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges. Cauliflower rice is the perfect side dish, too.