1) Begin by placing tomatoes in a pot filled with hot boiling water, let sit for approximately 1- 1 1/2 minutes, then immediately drain and submerge tomatoes into a bowl filled with ice cold water, this will help you to easily remove the skin of the tomatoes
2) Peel and dice tomatoes and set aside (note this can be a bit messy so keep paper towel near by), in a saute pan heat oven olive oil and add garlic and onions over medium heat, add in seasonings and saute until mixture is potent, then add in diced tomatoes
3) Using a fork squeeze down tomatoes every few minutes, let simmer for approximately 20 minutes, if you prefer a smoother texture feel free to puree mixture in a food processor, once done set aside tomato sauce and discard the bay leaf.
Method for Stuffed Peppers
1) Begin by preheating oven to 350, using a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat, add in garlic, onions, and seasonings and saute until mixture becomes potent
2) Next add in carrots and saute until the carrots become slightly softened, next add in ground turkey, make sure turkey browns and continue to the mixture until you are sure turkey is thoroughly cooked
3) Next add in spinach and let wilt over the heat, add in 3 cups of tomato sauce and mix into the turkey mixture
4) Using a spoon tightly pack each pepper with the turkey filling to the top, next spoon over 2 tbsp of tomato sauce over stuffed pepper, place pepper in a pie dish filled about 1/4 of the way with water, continue to do this for all your peppers, place in the oven and let bake for 45 – 0 minutes or until pepper become softened and the top mixture is slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving!