Thai Coconut Noodle Soup
- Rinse shirataki (choose the ones made from yam flour) noodles very well in cold water, loosening bundles. Set aside.
- Slice onions, mushrooms and bell pepper thinly. Mince garlic and ginger. If using powdered ginger, substitute one tablespoon.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onions, garlic and ginger and saute for two minutes.
- Add mushrooms and pepper. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add broth. Allow to come up to a slow boil.
- Add coconut manna and whisk to integrate. Allow to come back up to a slow boil.
- Add tamari/coconut aminos and fish sauce.
- Zest and juice two limes. Add lime juice and half the zest.
- Stir in noodles. Add half of your cilantro and 5 – 10 dashes of habanero hot sauce, to your liking.
- Allow mixture to simmer together for about 5 minutes, so that noodles can absorb flavor form soup, especially if using shirataki.
- Top each serving with cilantro, lime zest and a few extra dashes of habanero hot sauce
Adapted from: http://nutiva.com/articles/thai-coconut-lime-noodles/
Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 – 3 as a main course.