- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pour the olive oil into a container that seals (a jar will do). Add the garlic cloves, seal and leave overnight to infuse.
- Drain the oil to remove particles of garlic then add the avocado oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon and ACV.
Gradually pour a steady stream of the oil into the egg yolks, while whisking continuously. I whisked with one hand while dribbling in the oil with the other – it’s a gradual process that requires patience but stick with it, and take breaks if your arm gets tired.
- The mayo should thicken nicely to a sauce consistency. Decant it into a suitable container and store in the fridge where it will thicken further. Ours lasts about a week. It might last longer but I can’t say since it’s usually all gone by then!