- 2 Tbsp. rendered and strained bacon fat that's been melted if it was in the fridge (preferably from local farm bacon)
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Splash of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg's brand)
- 1 tsp. gluten-free mustard
- Garlic powder, sea salt & pepper to taste (a sprinkle of each should do)
- Whisk all ingredients together and toss salad greens in the dressing before serving.
- One thing you may notice that’s different about your salad after tossing in this dressing versus an unsaturated fat dressing is that it won’t be shiny. This is because the chilled greens are hardening up the once-melted fat you’re mixing them with, but it isn’t something about which to be concerned, it’ll taste amazing, trust me!