- 6 rashers bacon
- 6 large or 12 small asparagus spears
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a pan (not too quickly – you don’t want it to burn because then it doesn’t roll up well) until cooked, turning when necessary.
- Break the asparagus spears and discard ends (these bits are way too tough and just unpleasant to eat).
- Place spears into a pan of boiling water and boil for 5 mins, or until tender. Halve and slice avocado into long thinnish strips. Peel cucumber, and using peeler, peel the rest, longways, so you have long skinny pieces.
- To assemble: Lay a piece of bacon down onto board. Cut one large asparagus spear in half or use two small ones – place them perpendicular to piece of bacon, place 2 long pieces avo and a couple of bits of cucumber in there two. Roll up and pop a toothpick in to hold them together. Place on plate, and sprinkle with some coarse black pepper and himalayan crystal salt if desired. Enjoy!!