- 1 lb ground buffalo
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 large, white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 large egg
- 3 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flax seeds, ground
- sea salt and black pepper
- Melt a tbsp of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the carrot, onion, garlic, mushrooms and celery. Fry for 3 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Put everything except the bacon into a large mixing bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Stir together until it comes together as a ‘dough’.
- Press into a greased or lined loaf tin. Line the bacon slices along the top in a lattice shape (I put three lengthways then cut the remaining two in half and placed them vertically across the top).
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.