- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 4 green onions
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil to serve
- You can make this the easy way: just chop everything and combine! To mimic the presentation here, follow these steps:
- Cook bacon until crispy. When done, set aside on a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra grease.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into quarters. Slice each quarter into 4 – 5 slices and remove the rind from each. Fan out slices, divided between 4 plates.
- Chop the green onion and chiffonade the basil leaves. Sprinkle over the melon slices.
Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, chop finely and sprinkle over the plates.
- Finish each plate with a drizzle of olive oil before serving.