- 2 sliced bacon, cut into lardons
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into cubes
- 3 c butternut squash puree (I used 1 medium)
- 1 c nutritional yeast
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 T dry mustard
- 1 t onion powder
- 4 T apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy skillet, fry up the bacon over medium high till browned. Add the garlic and leeks and sautee for about 2 minutes, then add the chicken, browning on all sides.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the remaining ingredients (this is the "cheese" sauce). Pour the "cheese" over chicken, stirring to coat. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.