- 500g chicken breast
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced (about 90g)
- 70g bacon
- 20g butter
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 15g butter
- generous pinch sea salt
- 50g shredded cheese (optional!)
- Stick a pot of water on the stove to boil the chopped up cauliflower. While this is cooking, start on the filling.
- In a heavy, oven-proof skillet (I used my fantastic Lodge cast iron one), melt the butter and throw in the chopped leeks and start cooking over a medium heat. Roughly chop up the bacon and add that along with the diced apple. Cook all this together for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast and throw it into the skillet to cook. Cook everything together until the chicken is more or less cooked through.
- Your cauliflower should be cooked by now, so drain and then put in a food processor (or use a hand blender). Blend together with the mustard and butter until it’s creamy. Add a pinch of sea salt!
- Throw in a teaspoon of dried tarragon, salt and pepper into the chicken mixture. Then turn off the heat on the skillet, and smear the cauliflower mash over the top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese (if using) and then stick until the grill for about 15 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly and brown.