- 700g ground pork (or pork and beef)
- 100g red onion (1 red onion)
- 225g can of pineapple with juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chinese five spice
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 60g sesame seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Then chop up the onion to a fine dice. Roughly chop the garlic. Throw everything except the sesame seeds into a food processor and whizz ’round until well mixed. You can also do this by hand, which is probably advisable, it’s just that my dicing skills leave a lot to be desired.
- Roll the mix into meatballs and roll them into the sesame seeds to coat. Makes about 18-20 large meatballs.
- Stick on a tray (lined with baking paper to make clean up a breeze) and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Best served cold!