- 1 apple, cored and cut into approx 8 slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 8 cake pop/lollipop sticks
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate or coconut butter (this will actually make enough for several apples)
- Toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles, sea salt, raisins, etc
- Place the cut apples in a solution of 1 tbs lemon juice and 2 cups water to prevent browning.
- Put your desired toppings in separate bowls and set aside.
- Remove the apples from the lemon solution and stick a lollipop stick through the bottom of the slice.
- Melt the dark chocolate or coconut butter over a low temp. Dip the apple in the chocolate.
- Now dip the apple in the bowl with the topping you want and turn around to cover. Some toppings, like the nuts, might not stick as well when dipping so you can place the nuts on the apple as well. Place the finished apples on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Let cool and harden before serving (if it’s warm in your kitchen you might have to put them in the refrigerator to get them to harden)