- 15 pitted Dates
- 3 tbs Nikki's Coconut Butter
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Baker's Dark Chocolate for melting plus 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips for the filling
- Make space in your freezer for date pops with the sticks attached.
- In a food processor, add dates and process until they are somewhat pureed. Add coconut butter, vanilla, and salt and process again.
- Lastly, add the maple syrup (or honey) to the mix and process for 10 seconds at most. This helps bind the date pops together. Pour mixture into a medium mixing bowl and fold in 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the mixture with an ice cream scoop and form little one inch balls with your hands. Place on parchment lined tray or dish. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate in a saucepan on low heat and dip the end of the stick to cover 1/4 inch and insert that end into the date ball. This will allow the date pop to stick better and not fall of the stick. Freeze for another 20 minutes.
- Dip date pop into the melted chocolate covering the entire surface. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then enjoy.