- 1 lb shrimp,raw, peeled, deveined, with tail off (small to medium size).
- 6 limes, juiced.
- 1 tsp lime zest.
- ¼ tsp sea salt * optional.
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped.
- ½ cumcumber, peeled, seeded and chopped.
- ½ cup coconut milk.
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped.
- ½ avocado, chopped * optional, omit for lower carb count.
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish.
- 2 tsp Franks red pepper sauce * optional
- Chop shrimp into bite size pieces and place into a zippered freezer bag.
Squeeze 5 of the limes (reserve one lime for later) juice into the bag with shrimp.
Add lime zest and sea salt to bag, and close bag.
- Move shrimp around in bag to mix ingredients together, and refrigerate for at least 35 minutes (until juices turn shrimp pink), but can marinate in fridge overnight too.
While shrimp is marinating, mix in sauce pan: coconut milk and the juice of the 1 lime.
- Heat coconut milk and lime juice on stove top for 5 minutes on medium low , and remove from heat.
Add to large bowl: cilantro ,cucumber, and tomato. And stir.
- One coconut milk has cooled to room temperture, add to mixing bowl and stir.
Once shrimp has set long enough to turn pink, then combine shrimp mixture with the coconut milk mixture in bowl, and cover and refrigerate bowl for 12 minutes or more.
- Add optional avocado if desired.
Sprinkle with cilantro * optional.
Sprinkle with optional hot sauce.
Serve in lettuce wraps, on top of a salad, or in cocktail glass.
- Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 169.6 Fat: 7.1 g Carbohydrates: 7.1 g / Net Carbs: 5 g Sugar: 1.1 g Fiber: 2.1 g Protein: 20.3 g