- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1-2 c. chopped sausage
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 3/4 c. coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 t. granulated garlic
- kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 t. basil, 1/8 t. paprika
- Chop onion and caramelize with olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Meanwhile chop cauliflower, red pepper, and sausage.
- When onion is caramelized, add chopped cauliflower and stock. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, until cauliflower is fork tender.
- While cauliflower is simmering, place red pepper on a cookie sheet, stick in the oven, and roast at 400 until fragrant and beginning to black on the underside.
- When cauliflower is done, place half of it in a blender along with coconut milk. Puree and dump back in pot. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.