- 2 lbs pork roast
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced, 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt/pepper, coconut oil/olive oil
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the pork roast. Brown pork roast on all sides and place in crockpot.
- Heat more oil if necessary in same pan and reduce the heat to medium. Add diced bell peppers, celery and fennel seeds and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic cloves and fresh rosemary and cook another minute.
- Add in red wine and scrape bottom of the pan to get all the yummy browned bits. Let reduce by half for about 3-5 minutes more.
- Pour veggies and wine over pork in crockpot and add diced tomatoes and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Set your crockpot to low and cook for 8 hours or until pork is cooked through.
- Remove pork from the crockpot and shred with two forks. Skim any fat off of the sauce (if there is a lot) and remove the thyme stems. Return the pork back to the pot, stirring to coat. Eat up!