- 1 lb small cucumbers
- 4 cups distilled water
- 3 tbsps good quality sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps dill seeds
- In a saucepan bring the water, vinegar and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Thoroughly wash the cucumbers and trim the blossom end (the end that wasn’t attached to the stalk). Put them into a glass bowl and cover with the dill seeds and garlic.
- Pour over the brine. Find a plate that fits into the bowl and lay on top of the cucumbers – you’re not trying to form a seal, you just need to weigh them down so that each is fully submerged.
- Leave on the countertop for 2 days. Transfer (along with enough brine to cover) into a large glass jar and store in the fridge.