- 1 large green plantain
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Peel the plantain (greens ones do not peel easily like bananas. I like to cut off the top and bottom then lightly score it down the side and peel it back).
- Cut width-ways into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together the thyme, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, cayenne and cumin.
- Toss the plantain in the spice mix and stir until the pieces are coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Carefully add the plantain. Cook until golden, turning halfway through (mine needed about 2 minutes on each side). Serve immediately.