- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, ground
- 1/4 cup raw coconut oil
- 2 tbs. raw honey
- 3 tbs. grated ginger root
- 2 avocados
- 12 dates
- 1/4 cup raw coconut butter
- juice of 14 key limes
- zest of 10 key limes
1. Place jar of coconut oil in a bowl of hot tap water until the oil becomes liquid. I sat mine out in the sun for 15 minutes and it melted quickly.
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, macadamia nut flour, coconut oil, raw honey, and fresh grated ginger root with a fork. Then massage mixture with clean hands until it becomes dough-like in texture.
3. Mold the dough into a pie pan.
4. Set in freezer while making the filling.
1. Place jar of coconut butter into a bowl of hot tap water until oil becomes liquid. I sat mine in the sun for 15 minutes to melt.
2. Place avocados, dates, melted coconut butter, juice of limes, zest of limes, and vanilla into a food processor or Vita-Mix blender until smooth.
3. Pour filling into pie crust and set in fridge for one hour.
4. Store in fridge up to 3 days.