- 1 Cauliflower head, grated into “rice” over the coarse side of a grater.
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) almonds, roughly chopped.
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- Crushed Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
Add the riced cauliflower, season with a bit of crushed black pepper and let fry for five minutes or so while stirring occasionally.
- Then add the lemon juice, stir a bit, and keep frying for about another five minutes.
Add the chopped almonds and most of the lemon zest, stir again to mix it all up, then remove the pan from the heat and drizzle the olive oil over it.
- Give it one last stir before serving, and serve with the rest of the lemon zest sprinkled on top as garnish.NOTE: If you have questions or comments you wish me to respond to, please post them at the original post at the blog: http://strictlypaleoish.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/lemon-and-almond-cauliflower-rice/