These delicious orange and raspberry ginger muffins with their tart citrus-y overtones and subtle ginger bite are perfect topped with jam and cream, or simply on their own. Even my grain-free-baked-goods-hating husband could not resist having 2 servings of these delightful muffins straight from the oven!
Original recipe here
- 120g almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp macadamia oil, coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3 tbsp St. Dalfour’s orange and ginger marmalade (100% fruit jam–alternatively use marmalade and 1 tsp grated ginger)
- 2 tbsp gula melaka (coconut sugar), or raw organic honey (optional, for extra sweetness)
- 1/2 cup of raspberries (blueberries also work well)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix together flours, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together everything else (except berries) in a separate bowl.
- Mix two mixes together.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Evenly spoon mixture into greased (with extra macadamia oil) or lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (depending on size of muffins), or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then serve fresh with St. Dalfour’s raspberry jam and cream (coconut if dairy free) and enjoy!