Yo yo yo paleo pals!!! Here is another deceivingly simple yet totally paleolicious recipe from our good Bud Sonny D\’angelo at D\’angelo Brothers butcher shop here in Philly (http://www.dangelobros.com/). Sonny\’s shop is one of the best, and his recipes are too. Here we use ostrich, in Sonny\’s words: \”A lot of fun and many fine parties can be had with all kinds of wild game, but nothing seems to grab people like the so-called exotic animals.\”
– Pound the steaks thin
– Salt and pepper them on one side
– Lay a slice of prosciutto and 2 fresh sage leaves on each
– Fold over and make a small packet and secure them with a toothpick
– Heat 2 tbsp lard (or other fat) in a large frying pan and saute them on both sides for around 2 minutes on each side
– Season with salt and pepper, and pour in the wine and reduce the heat
– Add the rest of the lard (or other fat). Pour this over the cutlets and serve
Romanesque paleo mouth party!!
*Note: In the pic, I didn\’t have toothpicks and had to roll the steaks with twine, which works just as well!!