- 1 cup mashed, or about 12-14 ounces super ripe bananas (lots of black spots!), this is about 3 average size bananas
- ¼ cup palm shortening or coconut oil
- ¼ cup favorite non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar (optional, depends on sweetness of your bananas!)
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (I make my own coconut butter: cheap & easy!), any nut butter would work here, but i needed it nut free!
- 2 tablespoons psyliium husks, (chia meal MIGHT work, it just does not have the binding power of psyllium, so try 4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, whir all ingredient except the coconut flour until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- With the motor running, add the coconut flour.
- Add in any chopped nuts or chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Using your hand, roughly roll a generous spoonful of batter in your hands to form a ball. The dough is wet and soft, but if you handle it gingerly, you can loosely form it into a ball.
- Place in a greased mini muffin (regular muffin tin will work too, just slightly more dough per cup!)
- Bake for 20 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Let cool completely for best texture (the psyllium makes them gooey when they are still warm)