- 2 peppers
- 1 onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- 15-20 ripe cherry tomatoes
- a small bunch of fresh coriander
- Remove seeds from the peppers and cut into thin strips. Peel and finely slice the onion. Cut your chicken lengthwise into long strips.
- Put the peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl and add the paprika and cumin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, add some olive oil and season well. Let this marinade for 5-10 minutes.
- To make the salsa, chop the chili, tomatoes and coriander (including stalks) and add to a separate bowl. Season and add the juice from ½ a lime.
- Add the peppers, onions and chicken to a preheated pan. Cook for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Keep an eye on the pan so it doesn’t burn. You want a nice char-grilled colour, I went a bit overboard
- Plate up your chicken and vegetables with some salsa. Add some extra sides if you want: lettuce, guacamole, hot sauce.