- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (or Molasses)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground Ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash Salt
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk (of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- Gingerbread Whipped Cream 1 can Coconut Cream/Milk (400ml), can opened and left in the fridge overnight 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup 1 teaspoon Golden Syrup 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon ground Ginger Dash Cloves Dash Cinnamon
- Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
Line a cupcake/muffin tray with 8 festive liners and lightly spray.
Place the egg whites in the clean bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and whisk on medium/high until soft peaks form.
Add the maple syrup and then golden syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all incorporated and the egg white has increased in volume.
Whilst still whisking on med/high add the vanilla extract and egg yolks.
In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients (excluding the bicarb soda) together.
With the whisk on low add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk only until combined.
In a small saucepan, warm the milk until almost boiling. Immediately add the bicarb soda. Stir.
Pour the hot milk into the mixing bowl (the whisk should be on low to prevent hot milk from splashing over you).
Evenly pour the mixture amongst the cupcake liners.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through (17 for minis, up to 20 for regular)
Leave it cool in the tray for 15 minutes before removing.
Top with Gingerbread Whipped Cream.
- Gingerbread Whipped CreamSpoon the thickened cream out of the can, discarding the watery remains.
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attachment fitted.
Whisk until the cream thickens (about 5 minutes).
Place the cream in the fridge to thicken before piping onto the cupcakes.