- 3 lb flank steak
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped, 1 tbs cumin powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 1 tbs oregano
- 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste, 1 tbs garlic powder
- 3 peppers, sliced, 1 tbs onion flakes
- Cut the flank steak into two inch wide strips (against the grain).
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a large frying pan and turn the heat to high. Pan sear half of the flank steak strips - leave in the frying pan for around 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the other half of the flank steak strips.
- Place all the ingredients and the seared flank steak strips into the slow cooker.
Using your hands, make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Set slow cooker on the low heat setting and cook for 6 hours.