1. First, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes and get them into water to boil (we want to create a creamy mash for the top).
2. Create your bacon weave (see video for a demo), and put it into the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes or so while you prep the other ingredients.
3. Place the ground beef in a large saucepan and begin to brown it. Dice your onion and carrot while the meat browns. Add them into the mixture and continue to cook. Add the sage, rosemary and thyme at this point as well.
4. Check your bacon, pour off about half the drippings into the ground beef mixture and return the bacon to the for a few more minutes on broil to get it slightly crispy.
5. Check your sweet potato! If it is super soft, drain it and throw in the butter, mash with a masher, or your food processor and set aside.
6. Once the bacon is crispy and the ground beef mixture has cooked through and simmered a few minutes, remove them all from the heat and build your pie! Spread the ground beef over the bacon weave (sigh, bacon weave…hmmm), then spread the spuds over the top of that. Sick it in the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let it set about 5 minutes. Slice and serve (remember to cut through the bacon on the bottom!).