- 1 lb chicken sausage links, sliced
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- Pesto: 2 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 c pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 t salt
- ¾ c Olive Oil (can be more or less to achieve desired thickness)
- Combine the sausage and sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt until fine.
Add the olive oil a little at a time (if you’ve got a food processor with one of those openings in the top, drizzle it in while the power is on as you would for mayonnaise) and pulse until you have reached your desired consistency.
Add the pesto to the sausage and sweet potatoes and mix well.
Transfer to a roasting pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are a little brown and the dish is super-fragrant.