- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1/2lb pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped (or can of pumpkin puree)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 cups fresh chicken or beef stock
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Heat large pot, melt cooking fat and cook onion until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add chopped pumpkin and sweet potatoes and cook for several mins (or cook sweet pots and add puree after).
- Add stock, season with S&P, bring to a boil and let simmer for about 25 min until flesh of potatoes/pumpkin are tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and use blender/immersion blender to consistency of puree.
- Dashes of nutmeg or cinnamon can be added if you have them.
- Serve hot with extra splash of coconut milk on top of each bowl.