- 1 large Tuna steak – approx 300g
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 50ml of Acai berry juice (can be substituted with orange, mango or goji berry juice)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Baby spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil for cooking
- Start by marinating your tuna in Acai juice, lemon,garlic and black pepper. Keep it out the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature. By bringing it to room temperature, it allows you to sear the outside and bring the middle to ‘warm’ rather than cook the outside and have a cold middle.
- I was really excited about cooking my beautiful slab of fresh tuna and I thought the best way would be to use a blowtorch because there is nothing worse than an over cooked tuna steak. However, I unfortunately was a little overzealous when screwing the gas bottle onto my torch and ended up breaking the nozzle and ruining my blowtorch - queue the violins.
- It’s always good to have a backup plan so in comes the grill. Turn it up hot hot hot and cook for 3 and a half minutes for a beautifully seared tuna steak that is still nice and pink inside.
- Build your simple salad of baby spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes. arrange the salmon and drizzle it with balsamic vinegar.