- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 14.5 oz. can Mexican Style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tbsp. cumin, 4 tbsp. chili powder
- Brown ground beef in large skillet until there's only a bit of pink left.
- Meanwhile add your chopped onion, pepper, and garlic to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in browned ground beef and then toss in both cans of tomatoes. You may want to drain your ground beef; I did not. I enjoy sipping on full-flavored grease, but hey that's just me!
- Top off with all of your spices and stir well to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on low and let it do its thing for a whole 8 hours.
- **Top your chili with some cheese if you desire! I use Kerrygold's aged cheddar -- which of course it made from cows that happily eat grass all day long.