- 2 eggs separated
- 1/2 Cup mashed Banana
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Milk (of choice)
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional; Caramel Sauce Maple Syrup or Honey for drizzling Optional; Whipped Cream for serving
- Place a small piece of baking paper on the bottom of a 3 Cup capacity Pudding basin (a 4 cup basin would also work).
Lightly grease the pudding basin.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl of a kitchen stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
Whisk on medium/high until soft peaks form.
Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time whilst still whisking.
Add the vanilla extract.
Whilst still whisking on medium/high add the egg yolks and mashed banana.
Pour in the milk.
Turn the whisk to low and add the dry ingredients.
Mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pudding basin.
Lightly grease the lid and place a piece of baking paper on the inside of the lid and place securely on the basin.
- Place a small plate or trivet on the bottom of a large saucepan.
Place the pudding basin on top of the plate/trivet and fill the saucepan until the water reaches 2/3 the height of the pudding basin.
Bring the water to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 2 hours.
Check the water level at regular intervals and top up with boiling water if the levels drop below the original height.
Remove the basin from the water. Remove the lid and invert onto a serving plate.
Optional; drizzle with caramel etc.
Serve immediately with whipped cream.
It's also awesome cold (my breakfast treat!)