- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 4 oz bar of dark chocolate (I use 100% so there is no sugar, if you like them a little sweeter or not that crazy intense dark chocolate flavor I’d advice using a 75-85% bar)- 2 oz melted and 2 oz. chopped up.
- 3 tbs. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbs. vanilla powder (you could probably get away with using vanilla extract instead)
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs. nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork and bake until done (~30 minutes).
- Once it is cooked and cooled slightly to handle, peel it and mash it up (not the peel!). Be sure to mash it up really well, you could use a mixer to get it really smooth (I don’t have one…. I know! That’s what ya get for being a poor college student). OH! Be sure to turn your oven down to 350.
- Add all your wet ingredients to the potato, including the 2 oz of melted chocolate.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and add to the wet. Mix well. Then add the 2 oz. of chopped up chocolate. Mix in.
- My square/rectangular baking dish was in use (aka the dishwasher was eating it… I’m lazy and don’t like to hand wash things) so I used a round cake pan. You can use either what I did or a glass baking dish (8x8ish I suppose:) ). Spray it with some olive oil or butter or whatever nonstick you like to use, pour in your batter, and bake for ~30 minutes. Be sure to let them sit until completely cooled (or even overnight) before cutting into them. This lets the flavor spread through the brownies and enhances the flavor and delicious taste for when you do eat them!