- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- avocado oil in a misto
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in abodo sauce
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat it with avocado oil. Spread the cubed butternut squash into a single layer and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, toss and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the squash is browned and tender.
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, combine teh cranberries, honey and orange juice. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the sauce to a blender along with 2 chipotle peppers. Blend on high until smooth.
- Place the cooked squash in large bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of sauce as well as the green onion and cilantro. Stir the mixture and taste it. Add additional sauce or salt in pepper if desired.