- 3 lb ground buffalo
- 1 lb Bacon...cooked and crumbled
- 2 lg sweet potatoes...peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lg red onion...diced
- 5 garlic cloves...minced
- 2 jalapeno...seeded and diced (leave seeds for added heat)
- 2 4 oz cans of diced green chilies
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook bacon until crisp...save grease.
- Brown bison in a large pot. Once cooked place colander over large bowl and strain...saving any juices from meat. Set meat aside and return drippings to pot.
- Add bacon grease and sweet potatoes to pot and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add onion and continue cooking about 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the garlic...jalapeno...and green chilies. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next add remaining ingredients except for cilantro.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes or just enough for flavors to mingle.
Top with Cilantro before serving.