1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the pork and Italian Sausage Spice Blend until the spices are well incorporated evenly throughout the meat.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, bacon fat, or coconut oil. Place the onions, celery, and carrots in the pan, and sauté until the onions and celery appear translucent. 4. Add the chestnuts, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Set the onion, celery, carrot, and chestnut mixture aside to cool until you can touch it comfortably. Then, combine the mixture with the meat, and form the pork into 24 meatballs.
6. Place the meatballs in an oven-safe dish or on a baking sheet, and bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
**Italian Sausage Spice Blend Recipe
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
1 tablespoon ground sage
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
(or 1 teaspoon black pepper)
2 teaspoons dried parsley (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and store in an air-tight container/glass jar for up to six months.
Use 2 tablespoons of spice blend per pound of meat to make sausage.